This discussion post is regarding the next book in the series and its roster of fights that are set to happen. Some minor spoilers if you haven't read up to Act XI.
For those who have seen my posts on social media and website about me getting back to work with writing the next book, among other projects as well, you'll have noticed that a list of fights involving several characters are teased in the upcoming Act. These fights are going to happen right away at the start of the next book as Green Haven is thrown into utter chaos in more ways than one. This post is for discussing and speculating how these fights will go and what everyone hopes or fears to see happen.
1. First is, of course, Daniel vs The Gemini. He's going to be fighting both Jovian and Jacqueline in the next book all on his own. His heart's in the right place, but is his head also? He's certainly armed and ready to fight, and Aeon has put in effort to make sure this happens, so what WILL happen is the question here. Will Daniel even be able to put a scratch on them? How will the Gemini handle this new and daring version of Daniel? And how will this conflict end?
2. Clover vs Sivil. Oh yes, this is going to happen. And expect more than just sharp words to be shot between them. These elves will not see to eye, that's a given, and arrows are going to be drawn as their forest is lit aflame around them. Who will prevail? How will the elves of Green Haven react to seeing them fight? Who is the best archer between them?
3. Squeak vs Rio. Yes, this is set to happen as The Sisterhood becomes involved in the battle. The infamous scorpia from Act X returns to the story and faces off against the silent vixen of Daniel's harem. One is strong and ready to step up as a protector of those around her, the other is quick and deadly with a taste for making others suffer. How will this match-up turn out in the end? Will Squeak suffer the same fate as Mae Harollson? Or will Rio be shown some real shock and awe?
4. Cindy vs Alice. That's right, the wicked witch who smashed Milly's head in is coming face to face with the innocent and resilient sand wraith of Daniel's family. This battle has lots of possibilities and potential for both a good and bad outcome for either of these girls. How will Cindy fare against her first real fight with a deadly foe? What manner of pain and suffering could Alice unleash upon her and the elves nearby? It's do or die for these two ladies, who's going to walk away in the end?
5. Daemon vs Nuci. It's going to be guardian versus guardian as the keeper of the Reaper squares off against the corrupted keeper of the Chronofly. Now granted, Daemon has his followers by his side and some of the red ant girls who weren't blown to bits by the dangerous alurane, but expect this battle to really heat up as the two guardians show more of their real power. Who will come out on top in this fight? Will Daemon reveal more of what he truly is inside? Will Nuci claim any more lives for her new queen? And most of all, what did Nuci mean by her last line in the latest book?
6. The elves of Green Haven vs The Sisterhood and Sivil's followers. Yes, it's going to be a civil war of sorts as lines are drawn between the residents of Green Haven. There are elves who despise The Sisterhood, there are elves who have allied themselves with the dangerous fiends. Needless to say not all the elves are going to be escaping the chaos in the next book. How will this end for them? How are they going to not only handle their community facing off against each other but also the eventual aftermath when the dust settles? Is there still a chance for saving the elves with good souls in them or is Daniel's plan going up in flames?
Feel free to leave your thoughts, comments, hopes, fears, and anything else relevant to this discussion. And get ready, because the next book is not only starting off with a bang, it's starting off with several all at once. And that's just how it begins.